- Rabbits, mice and other pocket pets
- The presence of some signs of skin disease in these pets
might be underlooked , and sometimes mistaken for
normal grooming habits .
- The most frecquent skin diseases in these pets might include
parasitic and nutritional disorders . There are other skin problems though , but they are
less frecquently reported .
- All these pets might suffer from allergies , which should be
correctly addressed and treated . The use of dog or cat generics , as well as human drugs
should be striclty discouraged , because many of these drugs might result in toxicity or
even cause death . Prescriptions should only be made by veterinarians .
- When you attend the veterinary practice , it is expected
that you bring your pet together with the cage or box where it usually lives . Don´t
change the bedding or food , and bring its toys or decorations . Remember to report the
presensce or cohabitation with other animals from the same or other specias , and the
occurrence of skin symptoms in their human counterparts . All these can help in
determining the cause of a disease .